Thursday, February 12, 2015

The End?


Music has always been a journey for me. No matter what situation I was in, I always tried to incorporate music somewhere in my life.  When my time was cut short in the military, I would have conversations with Greg about where I saw our band going and what I wanted to do while I was assigned to work the crosswalk for kids.  Funny thing is, we did it! We had a lot of fun, we played a lot of shows and learned how to write along the way.  I was able to meet great musicians that are now my really close friends. Then I started this project and I didn't know what direction I wanted to go but I knew I wanted to make some jingle jangle rock 'n roll garage surf reverb music.  It was awesome having Daniel Greg Matt and Josh together again making music but it was tough because I had a certain vision and I wasnt trying to write with them but dictate what they should play.  I would learn that this isn't fair to them either.  As good times as we had, I couldn't force them to like what we were playing or know what I was going for.  Life happens, and months pass by and I no longer have a drummer, guitarist, bass player just me my guitar and Matt my friend and vocalist, trying to figure out what we're going to do.  

Now I feel like I'm back in 2006, with uncertainty due to my job, not knowing what's going to happen in the next few months. Only knowing that regardless of what happens with my job, I have my music that I want to share with the world.  But also in this strange time, some friends that I had no idea played music or would want to play music with me, came into the fold.  I thought I had it all figured out, but I didn't.  I'm still learning new tricks, how to express myself through music and how to be more open with my bandmates so that we're all having a rad time.  With that being said, I feel this is a new chapter in my journey.  Picchu Machu will always be my moniker but this band is something new and deserves a fresh start.  So I'm not sure if I'll write on here again, but I can't wait for you to hear what's next.  Goodbye PicchuMachu, hello ?????????

No comments:

Post a Comment